You can not select more than 25 topics
Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
- All versions:
- The apks are now signed with a custom signing key, instead of the default debug key coming with chromium source code. This will prevent miraculous attacks which debug keys are used to install miraculous apks. Note: this is a breaking change. You will need to uninstall the current version on your phone!
- Add import/export bookmarks
- Users on Android KitKat: API level 19-20 are deprecated by Chromium team. See this link.
- Interval of checking update is now fixed to once every 2 days
- Extension version:
- Fix a possible cause of #51
- Add extension removal prompt
- Fix bug with update notification keeps sending pings
- Add update notification (resolve #22). Note: this is disabled by default since it will ping my server at uc.droidware.info. To enable, change
- Update: the functionality currently has a bug that will make it send continuous bursts of requests to my server. Please DO NOT enable it for now. This will be fixed in the next version.
- Reverse the removal of flags
- Extension version:
- Extension version:
- Fix a bug preventing non Android 10 phones from installing extensions from url
- Website for
ungoogled-chromium-android is now online at https://uc.droidware.info.
- Add extension-support version
- This version is highly experimental and is not intended for daily usage yet! See README#Extensions
- Extension removal is not implemented yet
- The package will have a name
- Resolve #20, #23
- Partially resolve #19, #21
- Add migration for WebRTC
- Fix a crash with incognito tab
- Minor fix for extension patches. From next release,
arm target will include a beta version with extension support.
- Fix a bug with bookmark add new folder activity.
- Add new fix of #9.
- Resolve #9, #16.
- Initial attempt to add extensions (not working yet)
- This is an important security release that fix three vulnerabilities. All previous versions should update as soon as possible.
-  High: Integer overflow in ICU. Reported by André Bargull (with thanks to Jeff Walden from Mozilla) on 2020-01-22
-  High CVE-2020-6407: Out of bounds memory access in streams. Reported by Sergei Glazunov of Google Project Zero on 2020-01-27
-  High CVE-2020-6418: Type confusion in V8. Reported by Clement Lecigne of Google's Threat Analysis Group on 2020-02-18 (actively exploited in the wild)
- Fix video crash on Android P on certain machines
- Port some privacy related functionality from
- flag to disable WebGL
- flag to disable motion sensors
- exit button and do not persist option
- use blank page as homepage
- setting for DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH)
- flag to disable pull-to-refresh
- Disable contextual search in native code instead of Java
- Disable lite mode prompt
- Disable download articles over Wi-fi
- Build time change (not affecting users):
- Exclude unit tests from domain substitution
- Using system JDK instead of bundled one. Requires both Java-8 and Java-10 on Arch Linux.
- Now build with SDK 29
- Add ChromePublic target (API 19)
- Fix build failure for safe browsing
- Update NDK to r20b
- Remove split installer dependencies (Google Play), disable DFM
- Other source fixes
- Known issue:
some pages, including (Fixed)
chrome://gpu are not working
- Update scripts and patches to new version
- Merge patches from Bromite and Unobtainium
- New dependencies: nodejs binaries, lib files from ndk
- Update patches to new version
- Update GN to latest commit
- Minor fixes
- Change default setting of contextual search to false
- Add WebView builds
aapt no longer works, bundled
aapt2 will be used until a rebuild of SDK 29 exists
- Minor bug fixes
- Remove all Google Play related libraries
- Uncheck "Send statistics" on first run
- Fix #3
- Disable resource obfuscation
- Add arm build
- Change package name to avoid conflict with chromium
- Reduce downloaded dependencies on gclient sync
- Prune more binaries
- Build gcm-client, eu-strip, closure-compiler from source; change error-prone to Maven version
- Domain substitution on all non-binary files